Personal Access Tokens
Personal access tokens (PATs) provide an easy way for an individual to connect to Dremio Cloud through the JDBC interface. Depending on the tool or service used, users may need to use $token as the username and then enter the PAT in the password field.
Viewing All Tokens
To view all tokens you have created:
Click your username icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
Click Account Settings.
Click Personal Access Tokens in the navigation panel on the left. The Personal Access Tokens page shows all tokens, active and expired, for your account.
Creating a Token
A token’s expiration or lifespan cannot be altered once it is created.
To create a new token:
- From the Personal Access Tokens page, click the Generate Token button on the top right.
- In the Generate Token dialog, for Label, add an identifier to describe what the token is for.
- For Lifetime, enter the number of days the token will be valid for. This value must be between 1 and 180 days. If left blank, the token will expire in 30 days by default.
- Click Generate.
- Copy the generated token and save it to a secure location on your computer. You will not be able to retrieve this token again from the Personal Access Tokens page once left.
Deleting a Token
To delete an existing token:
- From the Personal Access Tokens page, click the Delete icon (trash can) for the token you want to delete.
- Confirm that you want to delete the token.
The token is deleted and cannot be retrieved.
Deleting All Tokens
- From the Personal Access Tokens page, click the Delete All button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Confirm that you want to delete all tokens for the logged in user.
All tokens associated with this account are deleted and cannot be retrieved.