Microsoft Excel PowerPivot
- Ensure that your operating system is 64-bit Windows 10 or later.
- Download, install, and configure the ODBC driver for Arrow Flight SQL.
Updating the DSN Configuration
- Launch ODBC Data Sources on your Windows system.
- Select the User DSN tab.
- Select the DSN entry that you created when you configured the ODBC driver for Arrow Flight SQL.
- Click Configure.
- In the Advanced Properties section, add the following key/value pair:
- Key: quoting
- Value: BRACKET
Connecting to Dremio
Click the Power Pivot tab and then click Manage.
Select From Other Sources.
In the Table Import Wizard, select Others (OLEDB/ODBC).
In the Data Link Properties dialog, follow these steps:
a. On the Provider tab, select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers.
b. Click Next>>.
c. For step 1 on the Connection tab, select Use data source name, and then select the data source name for the ODBC driver for Arrow Flight SQL.
d. For step 2 on the Connection tab, leave the User name and Password fields blank. The authentication credentials for connecting to Dremio Cloud are already present in the user DSN.
e. (Optional) Click Test Connection to find out whether the info you specified on this tab is correct.
f. Click OK.
Ensure that the option Select from a list of tables and views to choose the data to import.
Select the tables and views that you want to import data from.