Before You Begin
This topic identifies prerequisite information needed prior to deploying Dremio.
Dremio supports the following distributions and versions of Linux:
- RHEL and CentOS 6.7+ and 7.3+
- SLES 12 SP2+
- Ubuntu 14.04+ (use tarball)
- Debian 7+ (use tarball)
Determine how your Dremio cluster is deployed:
- Public cloud or on premises deployment
- Co-located with one of the data sources or deployed separately
Provide the following system environment:
- A low-latency, high-bandwidth network connection between Dremio and the data sources.
10 GB network is recommented when connecting to large data sources (terabytes or petabytes of data)
- Adequate CPU and memory resources. See System Requirements for more information.
- Open ports used by Dremio. See System Requirements for more information.
- Ports assigned to Dremio for data source reads
- Nodes allocated to the Dremio cluster. See Dremio Node Roles for more information.
- Access privileges:
- ssh and scp access
- root or sudo privileges
- Recommended browsers