After you create a report that uses data in Dremio, you can publish the report to Power BI Service.
- Launch Power BI Desktop.
- Sign into Power BI Service, if you are not already signed in. To sign in, select File in the top-left corner of the screen and then select Sign in at the bottom-left corner of the menu that appears.
- Navigate to Files > Publish > Publish to Power BI.
- Select the destination. You may pick from a list of available workspaces to choose the desired one on which to publish. Select the workspace, and then click the Select button to publish.
If Power BI Service connects to Dremio through Power BI Gateway, follow these additional steps:
- Log into Power BI Service.
- Select Workspaces > Name of workspace.
- In the list, find your dataset for your report in the list, click the ellipsis button, and select Settings.
- In the settings for the dataset, expand Gateway connection.
- Recreate your data source by following these steps:
- Select the Maps to field.
- Select Manually add to gateway.
- In the New data source dialog, create a data source that matches the one that you previously used for your dataset. However, give the new data source a different name.
- In the Authentication method field, select OAuth2. Then, follow these steps:
- Click Edit credentials.
- Keep the authentication method OAuth2 selected.
- Keep the privacy level Private selected.
- Click Sign In. Follow the sign-in process until you return to this location.
- Click Create.
- Return to the settings for your dataset.
- Under Gateway connection, verify that the new data source is selected in the Maps to field.
If Power BI Service connects to Dremio through Direct Query and you want to enable Single Sign-On for viewers of your report, you can follow either of these optional, additional steps if you want to enable SSO for viewers of your report.
If Power BI Service connects to Dremio through Power BI Gateway and you want to enable Single Sign-On for viewers of your report, you can follow either of these optional, additional steps.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that. Thank you for your feedback.