Microsoft Excel PowerPivot
- Ensure that you are using Dremio v22.0 or later.
- Ensure that your operating system is 64-bit Windows 10 or later.
- Download, install, and configure the ODBC driver for Arrow Flight SQL.
- If you want to authenticate to Dremio by using a personal access token (PAT), rather than by using a password, generate a PAT. See Personal Access Tokens for the steps.
Updating the DSN Configuration
- Launch ODBC Data Sources on your Windows system.
- Select the System DSN tab.
- Select the DSN entry that you created when you configured the ODBC driver for Arrow Flight SQL.
- Click Configure.
- In the Advanced Properties section, add the following key/value pair:
- Key: quoting
- Value: BRACKET
Connecting to Dremio
Click the Power Pivot tab and then click Manage.
Select From Other Sources.
In the Table Import Wizard, select Others (OLEDB/ODBC).
In the Data Link Properties dialog, follow these steps:
a. On the Provider tab, select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers.
b. Click Next».
c. For step 1 on the Connection tab, select Use data source name, and then select the data source name for the ODBC driver for Arrow Flight SQL.
d. For step 2 on the Connection tab, specify the username to use for connections to Dremio, then specify either a password or a personal access token to use with the username.
e. (Optional) Click Test Connection to find out whether the info you specified on this tab is correct.
f. Click OK.
(Optional) Click Test Connection to find out whether you can connect to Dremio.
Ensure that the option Select from a list of tables and views to choose the data to import.
Select the tables and views that you want to import data from.