Users, Groups, and Roles
[info] Enterprise Edition only
User and Group Management
Dremio's user and group management has two modes: Internal (default) and LDAP.
Dremio manages users. Users are configured through the UI under Admin > Users. Groups are not available in this mode.
Users and groups are managed by external LDAP server.
By default, everyone is given the User role. Users and groups can be assigned to be Administrators in the UI under Admin > Administrators.
- Create, edit, and delete spaces
- Create, edit, and delete virtual datasets
- Query or edit formatting of physical datasets
- Query or edit virtual datasets
- Upload files to home space
- See their own jobs
There are a few options that allow administrators to configure user privileges globally:
||Allow users to upload files to their home spaces. Enabled by default.|
||Allow users to create and manage spaces. Disabled by default.|
- Create, edit, and delete all sources and spaces
- Query and edit formatting of all physical datasets (except for ones in other users' home spaces)
- Query and edit all virtual datasets (except for ones in other users' home spaces)
- See all jobs
- Node Activity
- Users (only available in Internal mode)
- Cluster Settings