JDBC Driver for Arrow Flight SQL 10.0.0 Release Notes
You can connect to Dremio through the JDBC driver for Apache Arrow Flight SQL. The driver is open-source and you are free to use it with Dremio's data lakehouse platform or any other data platform that has an Arrow Flight SQL endpoint.
To download the driver, see JDBC Driver for Arrow Flight SQL.
- Your Dremio cluster must be at version 22.0 or later.
Transport Layer Security (TLS) communication is enabled by default for Arrow Flight client applications. To configure encryption, see Arrow Flight Encryption. If you want to connect via unencrypted connections, you must explicitly disable
useEncryption by setting it to
false in the connection properties for the JDBC driver for Arrow Flight SQL.
- Time offsets are not being reported in query results.
- User impersonation is not yet supported.
- Connecting to Zookeeper quorums is not supported.
- Using TLS does not allow ignoring the hostname-only during validation. The
useEncryptionconnection property supports encryption with full verification, encryption without verification, or being unencrypted.
If you are using Tableau, use the Dremio JDBC driver. Tableau does not support the JDBC driver for Arrow Flight SQL. See Tableau.