ODBC Driver for Arrow Flight SQL 0.9.0 Release Notes
Dremio is proud to introduce this ODBC driver for Apache Arrow Flight SQL. The driver is open-source and you are free to use it with Dremio’s data lakehouse platform or any other data platform that has an Arrow Flight SQL endpoint.
- Your Dremio cluster must be at version 22.0 or later.
Transport Layer Security (TLS) communication is enabled by default for the Arrow Flight SQL ODBC client applications. To configure encryption, see Arrow Flight SQL ODBC Client Encryption. If you want to connect via unencrypted connections, you must explicitly disable
useEncryption by setting it to
false in the connection parameters for the ODBC driver for Arrow Flight SQL.
- Queries that are canceled from a client application continue running in Dremio. To cancel a query in Dremio, cancel it from Dremio’s Jobs page.
- Impersonation is not yet supported.
- Performance has not yet been optimized.
- Dremio Cloud does not yet support this driver.
- There is no macOS version of the driver, yet.
- There is no Windows 32-bit version of the driver, yet.
- ODBC data conversions are limited to the following table.
Python applications should use Arrow Flight SQL directly, not the Arrow Flight SQL ODBC driver. See Python for help getting started.
If you are using Tableau, use the native Dremio connector that comes with Tableau. See Tableau.
If you are using Power BI, use the native Dremio connector that is in the April 2022 version and later. See Connecting from Microsoft Power BI.