Tableau Desktop (macOS)
Dremio Tableau (macOS) integration requires:
Creating a Live Connection to a Dataset from Dremio
The following instructions are used to make a connection from Dremio to Tableau and open a specific dataset in Tableau.
In the Dremio UI, click on the dataset that you want to work with.
From the dataset's Action dropdown menu, select Analyze With > Tableau. This action downloads a file.
Click on the file that just downloaded and enter your Dremio credentials.
[success] Your virtual dataset is now viewable in Tableau.
Creating a Dremio Source in Tableau
The following instructions are used to make a connection from Tableau to Dremio.
- Open the Tableau Desktop, select Add Connection.
- Select Other Databases (ODBC) as the connection type for a new connection.
- In the popup configuration menu, provide:
- Dremio DSN the you configured on your system.
- Cluster details along with your credentials.
- Port number 31010.
Press Sign In.
Hit enter in the text field of the next screen's Schema dropdown to see what's available to explore on your cluster.
[success] Your Dremio datasets are now accessible from within Tableau.