This topic provides upgrade instructions for RPM-based installations. These instructions assume you are using the default RPM installation paths for configuration, data and logging.
- While Dremio is still running, create a backup of your Dremio cluster.
- If HDFS/MapR-FS is configured, perform a snapshot of your distributed store directories.
Performing an Upgrade
To upgrade your Dremio installation:
Ensure that your existing Dremio cluster is backed up. See Create a backup for more information.
Shut down all Dremio provisioned nodes. For example:
service dremio stop
On each Dremio node in your cluster, copy your old Dremio installation to another location on the node. For example:
cp -r /opt/dremio /opt/dremio_bak
Download and install the new Dremio version. For example:
sudo yum install dremio-<version>.rpm
- For YARN deployments, install on each coordinator node in your Dremio cluster.
- For non-YARN deployments, install on all nodes in your Dremio cluster.
Copy the /conf directory and associated configuration files from your backup-copy location (from Step# 3) to the new installation location. As a result, the default files from the fresh install are overwritten. For example:
cp /opt/dremio_bak/conf/* /opt/dremio/conf
- For YARN deployments, perform this step on each coordinator node in your Dremio cluster.
- For non-YARN deployments, perform this step on all nodes in your Dremio cluster.
On the master-coordinator node, copy the /data directory and associated data files from your backup-copy location (from Step# 3) to the new installation location. For example:
cp -r /opt/dremio_bak/data /opt/dremio/data
The new /data directory and files must be in the same directory path as the original installation. A different directory path results in the loss of all reflections because they are accessed by their full path.
If your original data directory is in a location different from /opt/dremio/data, then this step can be skipped.
On the master-coordinator node, execute the upgrade script as the user running the Dremio Daemon service. For example, as "dremio":
Start up all Dremio provisioned nodes in the Dremio cluster. For example:
service dremio start.
Backup your new Dremio cluster. See Create a backup for more information.